Sunday 17 August 2008

Exercise and diet

I did a full 30 minutes on the cross trainer last night. My legs felt quite tired as I was getting to 25 minutes but I promised myself to get to 26 minutes and then once I'd got there a good track came on the mp3 player which spurred me on.
I think it was oasis - but for the life of me I can't remember now.

I keep thinking I should measure myself so I can see what's going on with my diet plan but in typical style I'm not sure where the tape measure is.

I had two small scones with jam yesterday as treats. I probably shouldn't have done but my partner made them and I couldn't resist. At least I did some exercise eh. Dieting is hard.

I had a quick read of a diet book which suggested it's vital to exercise whilst dieting, not necessarily because you'll lose weight faster (You might not if you put on muscles) but you'll be in a better shape when you've finished and your body will be able to burn more calories which means you should stay thinner!

We saw an ad on channel M yesterday for "30 a day" - the a new campaign to get us exercising more. You should do 30 minutes of moderate exercise 5 days a week. It looks like the British Heart Foundation is organising the 30 minutes a day anyway -

Moderate intensity activity means you should feel warm and slightly out of breath. By doing this amount of exercise you’ll help keep your heart, lungs and bones in good working order.


So there you have it. Loads of reasons to get exercising.

No comments: